Strategy goes beyond the ivory tower; we believe in the inclusiveness of strategy and that members of the project team need to be well-versed in strategy for product development.
We are offering a workshop on Strategy for Corporate Innovators. Topics covered in the workshop include; the major components of an adaptable strategy (enterprise/business/product); including but not limited to innovation strategies, business models, roadmaps, and developing a strategic framework for the environment you’re operating in.
This is a corporate workshop for both the project and the leadership team. We provide tools and frameworks so the team receives the immediate benefits of having an adaptable strategy: speed, less politics, product-market fit, higher product success, and a common product development direction/goals/vision. The team learns how they can contribute to one of the most important parts of the product development system: Strategy.
Why a strategy to drive product development?
…organizations that have well-defined strategies: CLARITY
- Exude a sense of purpose and clarity
- Better ideas, since you know your products/categories/competitors/external forces/customers
- SPEED: Decisions are made rapidly without extensive debate and politicking because the goals are clear for all members of the team (executive and project team)
- Alignment between business, innovation and product strategies helps to ensure that the most valuable projects are chosen
- Optimized resource allocation
…organizations without a strategy: CHAOS
Chaos reigns over the entire organization as the various functions try to cope with different agendas
- Wasted time debating which projects should be pursued
- Product managers are forced to develop their product line and category strategies in a vacuum, trying to infer the direction of the organization
- Projects are preempted as new priorities become urgent
- Resources are not allocated to the most valuable projects, or are wasted on unnecessary or unprofitable projects
What your team will learn…
- Importance of an adaptable strategic framework for driving your product development system
- How the business strategy sets a direction for the team
- How the business model creates opportunities or constraints product development, and how to vet projects with your current business model
- How the innovation strategy sets the context for how you innovate
- How the market strategy defines the types of customers and types of problems you solve
- Different types of product strategies
- How to integrate your market, product and technology strategies
- How a platform strategy can accelerate product development
- How roadmaps will help you with cross-functional planning and prioritization
- How to implement strategies and roadmaps into your pipeline, process, and portfolio
Please note, this is a corporate course, results are best with cross-functional participation.
Call 708.829.7470 Or Send Us a Message ›