Strategy for Product Developers (Engineers included)
Strategy goes beyond the ivory tower; we believe in the inclusiveness of strategy and that members of the project team need to be well-versed in strategy for product development.
We are offering a workshop on Strategy for Product Developers (Engineers included). Topics covered in the workshop include; the major components of an adaptable strategy (enterprise/business/product); including but not limited to innovation strategies, business models, roadmaps, and developing a strategic framework for the environment you’re operating in.
This is a corporate workshop for both the project and leadership team. We provide tools and frameworks so the team receives the immediate benefits of having an adaptable strategy: speed, less politics, better product-market fit, higher product success, and a common product development direction/goals/vision. The team learns how they can contribute to one of the most important parts of the product development system: Strategy.
Why a strategy to drive product development?
…organizations that have well-defined strategies: CLARITY
- Exude a sense of purpose and clarity
- Better ideas, since you know your products/categories/competitors/external forces/customers
- SPEED: Decisions are made rapidly without extensive debate and politicking, because the goals are clear for all members of the team (executive and project team)
- Alignment between business, innovation and product strategies helps to ensure that the most valuable projects are chosen
- Optimized resource allocation
…organizations without strategy: CHAOS
Chaos reigns over the entire organization as the various functions try to cope with different agendas
- Wasted time debating which projects should be pursued
- Product managers are forced to develop their product line and category strategies in a vacuum, trying to infer the direction of the organization
- Projects are preempted as new priorities become urgent
- Resources are not allocated to the most valuable projects, or are wasted on unnecessary or unprofitable projects
What your team will learn…
- Importance of an adaptable strategic framework for driving your product development system
- How the business strategy sets direction for the team
- How the business model creates opportunities or constrains product development, and how to vet projects with your current business model
- How the innovation strategy sets the context for how you innovate
- How the market strategy defines the types of customers and types of problems you solve
- Different types of product strategies
- How to integrate your market, product and technology strategies
- How a platform strategy can accelerate product development
- How roadmaps will help you with cross-functional planning and prioritization
- How to implement strategies and roadmaps into your pipeline, process and portfolio
Are you interested in learning more about the Strategy for Product Developers (Engineers included) workshop? Please contact Mary for a detailed agenda and pricing. Please note, this is a corporate course, and it requires cross-functional participation.
Learn about our other innovation and new product development courses.
Call 312-212-3144 Or Send Us a Message ›